Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.20
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breeder's Cup Gathering 2010
    Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 10:53am

The 2010 Breeder's Cup Gathering is Friday, November 5th!  I'll be getting there a few minutes before 8:00PM EST (in my black Saints Jersey - #46 with Gajan on the back).  I realize it's late and after a long day of racing, but there's not a lot of other alternatives on times.  I am sticking with Johnny V's since there is some familiarity with it by a some of the players coming.  Remember - if you think you may showing up - please  let me know!  The location is :

Johnny V's
10509 Watterson Trail
Louisville, KY 40299
(502) 267-0900

From the Churchill Downs:

There are a couple of primary ways to get on the expressway depending on which street you end up taking out of Churchill downs.

If you are on Central avenue heading east :
pass the 4th street, 3rd street, and Floyd intersections.  The next street is Crittenden Drive.  Make a left.  Go up about ~1000 ft and turn right onto I65 South.  Follow the I65 south directions from the track below.

If you are on Longfield heading east : Longfield turns into 4th street as the street curves south.  Take 4th street to Central.  Turn right on Central. Pass the 3rd street, and Floyd intersections.  The next street is Crittenden Drive.  Make a left.  Go up about ~1000 feet and turn right onto I65 South.  Follow the I65 south directions from the track below.

If you are on Central avenue OR Longfield heading west : Go to Taylor Boulevard (the first main street).  Make a left.  Follow Taylor Bloulevard to I-264 east.  Take I264 east about 2 miles up and get onto I-65 South.  Follow the I65 south directions from the track  below.

I65 South Instructions From the Track:

Take the Gene Snyder / KY-841 / I-265 East (I think this will be exit 125)
Drive about 12 Miles
Take exit 23 towards Jeffersontown
At the end of the ramp, turn left: this is Taylorsville Road
Watterson Trail will be at a red light about 3 miles down.  There is an El Nopal (NOT the one we went too last year) on your right.  You can see Johnny V's across from the light on your right at the corner of Watterson Trail.  There is a Hardwar Store in the same strip mall.  You can park in the back.  If you see a KFC on your left, you've gone a hair too far.  

If you are heading straight to the gathering or not coming from Churchill :

From I-71 South (Cincinnati)

Take 71 South to Exit 9a - Gene Snyder / I-265 South

Drive about 11 Miles
Take Exit 23 toward Jeffersontown / Taylorsville
At the end of the ramp, turn right… this is Taylorsville Road
Watterson Trail will be at a red light about 3 miles down.  There is an El Nopal (NOT the one we went too last year) on your right.  You can see Johnny V's across from the light on your right at the corner of Watterson Trail.  There is a King Southern bank in the same strip mall.  You can park in the back.  If you see a KFC on your left, you've gone a hair too far.   

From I-64 West (Lexington)

Take I-64 West to Exit 19a - Gene Snyder / I-265 South
Drive about 3 Miles
Watterson Trail will be at a red light about 3 miles down.  There is an El Nopal (NOT the one we went too last year) on your right.  You can see Johnny V's across from the light on your right at the corner of Watterson Trail.  There is a King Southern bank in the same strip mall.  You can park in the back.  If you see a KFC on your left, you've gone a hair too far.   

From I-64 East (St. Louis)

Take I-64 East to Exit 19a - Gene Snyder / I-265 South
Drive about 3 Miles

From I-65 North (Nashville)

Take I-65 North to Exit 125-A - Gene Snyder / KY-841 / I-265 East
Drive about 12 Miles
At the end of the ramp, turn left… this is Taylorsville Road

From I-65 South (Indianapolis)

I will give you 2 sets of directions. The quickest is if you make the transfer onto I-64 East immediately after crossing into Louisville. If you do so, simply use the I-64 east directions above at this point.

If you miss that, or prefer not to take that route for some reason :

Continue taking I-65 South
Drive about 10 Miles
Take the Gene Snyder / KY-841 / I-265 East (I think this will be exit 125)
Drive about 12 Miles
At the end of the ramp, turn left… this is Taylorsville Road
Thanks, and we hope to see some new faces there!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply