Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 167.20
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schedule Changes : June 5 - June 18, 2011
    Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:06am

..this is just a repost to remind people about the upcoming schedule changes for the next couple of weeks.  I also fixed a date I previously had wrong in the original post (marked in red). Sorry again for any inconvenience this may cause, and thanks for your understanding. :)

---

Hey guys!

I have some things I must tend to between 6/8/2011 - 6/15/2011.  Since I can't guarantee that I will be able to run things on a normal schedule, I will be making some adjustments to the horseracing schedule during those weeks.

Week 4708 (6/11/2011) -

The weekly update prior to this week will start as early as 9:00 AM on Sunday, 6/5/2011 and will be posted as soon as it's available. 

All RODOTS races for all tracks will be run on Tuesday, 6/7/2011.  The results will be posted around 5:00 PM EST.

Saturday races, which are normally pulled in on Wednesday at 6:00 PM will be pulled in on Tuesday, 6/7/2011 at 6:00 PM.   All horses will be awarded the soft close bonus.

Saturday races will hopefully be posted sometime on Saturday.  This is where it gets a little squirlly and depends on several things (including my internet connection and the ability of my wife or a couple of friends of mine to get things working if I can't from my end).  If I can get races posted on Saturday, I will almost assuredly go ahead and run the Saturday update, though I would expect it to take several hours longer than usual.  If I have to stop at this point for one reason or another, I will post a message with further details.

If I can finish the Saturday update, I will try to run the weekly update, normally run on Sunday around noon, early on Monday, 6/13/2011.  Again, this is up in the air until I know my situation.  If everything goes well, I will get things updated for the upcoming week and posted.  Expect this update to take longer than a usual update.   Again, if I have to stop here for one reason or another, I will post a message with further details.

Week 4715 (6/18/2011) -

There will be NO RODOTS races this week. 

Saturday Races (Normally pulled in on Wednesday) will be pulled in on Friday, 6/17/2011 at 6:00 PM and posted within a couple of hours (like a typical Wednesday).   The soft close bonus time (if applicable) will be adjusted to happen a few hours before the cutoff.

Race results will be posted on Sunday at noonThe weekly update light will come at this time as well, and the Saturday / Sunday update will be combined.   This meens no breeding or race bidding can occur after races are posted.  We will be back on a normal schedule after this update is finished.

This should be the last major schedule adjustment before we flip over to the new game (which is slated to happen before the new year).  After that, the game should be much more automated, and schedule adjustments like these won't be necessary. :)

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

--Mike

Edited by administrator - 03 Jun 2011 at 8:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply