Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.30
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rollover to new sim starting 9/2/2012!
    Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 5:01pm
Hey guys!

This will be the last week on the old platform.. I'm going to start converting this week!   Even so, we should run about the same as any other week up until Sunday morning, when I will flip on the update light as early as 7:00 AM EST.    I will keep the old site somewhat accessible after that so everyone can access the message board and chat room during the conversion, though expect errors from time to time.   I will shut the beta site down at this time, and it will be inaccessible (as the databases will be physically moving).   You may also see some things like the BTB, the message board, and Wikipedigree.org go down sporadically during this week and next weekend. I will try to move those during the week to save time during next weekend's changeover.

What kind of timeframe are we looking at? It's hard to say, honestly. I am hoping it will be no more than 48 hours, though I could run into unforeseen issues. I wouldn't expect it to take any longer than 96 hours regardless.

As the "first week in the new sim" races : we're not skipping a week, but I will have to move the entry time and races up a bit. The good news is that it's not hard for me to do.. it's much easier than it used to be. I will try to move them up about half as long as the update so, if the update takes 48 hours, I'm likely to move entries up to Thursday ~ 6:00 PM and races up to Sunday ~ Noon EST. Note the ~ : the game will begin pulling in stakes a little earlier than non-stakes going forward to allow jockeys to decide where they want to race for the day. I will post more about that next week once we get on a normal schedule.

Since some tracks are being contracted, I will have to move races carded in the old game as needed. I will keep the race in the same region as the original track (though regions are shifting a bit as well).   The first race for any horse in the current game will not trigger a travel fee or travel penalty.

I will be posting the new point structures soon, as well as notes about a new "Stake Point Structure" that will take place either later this year or early next year. It won't affect the Breeder's Bowl, but it will be in place for the Sim Triple Crown.    Don't worry too much about it yet; it's a bit too detailed to gloss over.

I look forward to seeing you guys on the new site!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply