eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Blogs > eHorseracing Blog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Confirming accounts can happen now - please read!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.30
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confirming accounts can happen now - please read!
    Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 5:28pm

BTW - I messed this up earlier.. early reports I are got it right this time, but if not just let me know...

--Mike

----

Hey guys!I believe the beta is set up to confirm accounts, so I may as well let you guys start.  PLEASE READ THE NOTES BELOW BEFORE CONVERTING!  IT WILL SAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS!

* Your stables exist in the new game, but have NO horses, NO credits, NO points, and NO money.  Those will be transferred this weekend with the conversion.

* To activate your accounts, log in with your masterstable name and password; it will ask for your current e-mail address... this does NOT have to match any e-mail you have previously signed up using in the game... it will, however, send you an e-mail at that address that you must click to verify your e-mail address works (and agree to the terms of services, which haven't really changed much, but I wanted to let you know).  If I ever need to contact you, I will use this e-mail address.  It should come right away but, if it doesn't check your spam filters.  Also, if you use a POP3 client, force a push (GMail needs to be pushed sometimes, as it doesn't check the POP3 for up to an hour on occasion).

* You are welcome to poke around, but it'll be hard to do a lot without any points, sim $, or horses. :)

* You CAN buy credits in the new version and start using them to acquire sires shares and, in turn, breed some horses in the new game.  You can then enter them, train them, etc.

* If you do choose to buy credits using PayPal - PLEASE pay attention to the screens and what occurs.  I am trying to automate this process and there seems to be an occasional glitch in the process.  If you don't get your credits automatically, just contact me and I'll add them ASAP.

* If you buy credits in the new game, they will appear in your master stable in the NEW GAME ONLY - the sub stables don't have credits; you pull from the same credit pool

* After this weekend,  I can merge in the credits (and everything else you have) you have in the old game and the new game.. again, the old game items credits are not yet available in the new version; to avoid confusion, I don't want to start moving them before the changeover.. it really does get sticky; it's much better if we wait.

* Your retired mares are NOT yet over in the new game, though there are some CPU mares

* The races available in the current game are NOT yet available, though you can purchase races for the new game that will be there post conversion.

* Please avoid signing up for new masterstables or even subs tables yet; I still need to get some legacy players added.  If you add new sub stables or sign up for a new master stable, it may have to be removed.

In other words: you're welcome to get started, but we are NOT converted and expect a LOT of things (particularly horses, points, money, credits, retired horses and races) not to be over yet.   There will be a few more things added and some clean up, but getting some people over and confirmed  early can't hurt.  The two games are currently completely separate, so what you do in one will NOT appear in the other until after this weekend's conversion.

So the address, if you didn't know, is :

http://derbyfever.com/beta/

And if you have any problems just let me know; it really is tricky to test this from home, and I may have butchered a thing or two.

Thanks guys!  And we're still on for starting the update Sunday!

--Mike

Edited by administrator - 28 Aug 2012 at 9:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply