eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Tools Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Unity web player -- LATEST @ July 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dontbetonme View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 10.50
  Quote dontbetonme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by denovo

Originally posted by dontbetonme

I noticed today while trying to view races that Unity isn't working again. I'm still using Safari 5.1.7. Also, I tried using the link for the old server again and that's no longer working.
  That's also interesting, as I just tried the old server login [http://208.109.207.1 99/] here and it still works for me, and serves up 3D race-watching.Can't find any help from that error message -- at what stage in trying to watch a 3D race do you get it come up ?Could you try your laptop in another location (different router) as a test ?A system restore might be worth a try too, although the fact it is affecting 2 different systems makes me doubt whether that would make any difference. Router reboot might also be worth a try, according to a recent post from jubalrutledge.There is also a log file written when you run the webplayer which might be worth a look at if the above suggestions don't have any affect. On my machine (XP) the plugin data (from the browser) gives the plugin path asC:\Documents and Settings\PC\Local Settings\Application Data\Unity\WebPlayer\loader\npUnity3D32.dlland my log files get written to the folderC:\Documents and Settings\PC\Local Settings\Temp\UnityWebPlayerYour filepath will differ, but you should be able to locate the logs from that (open in a text editor). Might give some clues.

Well, I didn't do anything with the laptop and Unity on Safari started working again. On my desktop, I completely removed Unity and re-installed it and now it's working again.
jubalrutledge View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

MBP : 5.60
  Quote jubalrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:31pm

I completely removed Unity and re-installed it and now it's working again.

what version of the web player did you use ?

Edited by jubalrutledge - 19 Aug 2019 at 8:32pm
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

Quote dontbetonme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by jubalrutledge

I completely removed Unity and re-installed it and now it's working again.

what version of the web player did you use ?

Unity Player 5.3.8. Uninstall Unity. Use a browser that supports the plug in. Try to view a race and it will ask you to download and install Unity. Click to download and then run the file. It gives you the correct version of Unity for the race viewer. No need to download from Unity site.
jubalrutledge View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

MBP : 5.60
  Quote jubalrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 2:31am

Unity Player 5.3.8. Uninstall Unity. Use a browser that supports the plug in. Try to view a race and it will ask you to download and install Unity. Click to download and then run the file. It gives you the correct version of Unity for the race viewer. No need to download from Unity site.

Thank you Brother
but with it working on Safari Im going to leave it alone till it fails again LOL

Edited by jubalrutledge - 20 Aug 2019 at 2:34am
denovo View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 68.10
  Quote denovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:30am

That's great news  :)
========================================================
SimDosage, Sirelists, Raceout Archive and more from my page or here
flrancho View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 8.50
  Quote flrancho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 11:27am
My Unity quit working again too.... didn't change computers or web browsers. Just up and decided it wasn't going to work again.
Home of G3 winner SEEKING QUALITY
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

Quote dontbetonme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by flrancho

My Unity quit working again too.... didn't change computers or web browsers. Just up and decided it wasn't going to work again.

Yeah, mine too. It works maybe once a week without doing anything to it. And that's on 2 different machines with completely different set-ups.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789