eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Blogs > eHorseracing Blog
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New Server Coming Soon (recent downtime)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.20
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Server Coming Soon (recent downtime)
    Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 9:05pm
Hey guys!

You may have noticed the game going down randomly for a few minutes here and there over the last several days.   The reason - Our current game server appears to be reaching the end of it's life-cycle.  I can't complain about the current server; she's been solid, and has lasted longer than the others we have used.  

Over the course of the next week or so, I will scoping out some prospective replacements.   Once I find something strong enough yet reasonably affordable, I will be moving the game over to this new server (which may take another week or two).  Neither of these endeavors is a fun one, but hey... it is what it is.   And if you know of anything (though I have been very happy with Softlayer)... I'm all ears!

The good news is I don't expect as much interruption as we have had in the past during the changeover.   Except for jockey silks and stable pictures, the game is entirely database driven now, and the database servers do NOT need replacing.  So entries, updates, breedings, etc. will not be affected during the changeover, so no (or very marginal) downtime due to moving DNS servers!

I just wanted to let you know in case you experience intermittent downtime until the changeover.  I apologize if you do, but be patient if possible - it should be rectified very soon.

Thanks for you patience!

--Mike

Edited by administrator - 14 Mar 2015 at 9:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply