Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.00
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Server Move Update
    Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 10:44am
Hey guys!

I have a few more things to go (trying to figure out where to put the BTB, for instance), but I am getting very close to begin moving over to the new server!  Here's how things are going down :

* Today, I will change the DNS record for ehorseracing.com to point at the new server.   This will be propagating over the course of the next several days.  If you get a chance and have a few extra minutes, use that domain name (or eyap.com; it is already there as a test) a couple of times over the course of the next few days.  If you are in the right place, you will see a message on the left hand side of the screen below the typical stuff over there that states "You are on the New Server!"  A couple of players have been testing, and I think it is working, but I'm at a point where the more that test, the merrier. :)

* If all is going well through Friday, I will start trying to get the other DNS's pointed to the right places (Derbyfever.com, Derbyville.com, and game.horseracingnation.com, as well as a few others).

* I still need to resolve where to put the BTB - I may put it on a new shared server; it doesn't get the traffic the others get, but requires PHP on the new server (which isn't native to a Windows box, and doesn't operate quite as well as on a Linux environment).

* Once everything is resolved for several days and we are completely moved over, I will shut down the old server.

* If your Unity viewer stops working, make sure you unblock Unity!  I will be running the Unity browser under the same domain as you log into (currently it goes to simsports.com).

*   If you uploaded jockey silks are a stable image over the last week, you may need to reupload it after the conversion is complete.

Not really a very exciting update, but I wanted to keep you guys in the loop as I go through my gyrations.  Every move is a little easier than the previous, at least, though there's always SOMETHING (this time it was my introduction to something called a smarthost - THAT lost me a lot of time 2 days ago).   But we are getting there... :)

Thanks!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply