Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 161.50
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horse Consistency
    Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 12:29pm
Hey Folks!

I am going to start working on a few additions / modifications this weekend. At the moment, I am focusing on improving horse consistency; nothing more.   I need to see how this change affects the game before I make any other changes that can affect our “horse demographics.”

I am starting by adding gelding.   It’s been written into parts of the game for a while, but I couldn’t decide previously exactly how I wanted to incorporate it and what I wanted it to do.   I now believe gelding will offer one opportunity to improve a horse’s consistency. It will also give some horses an increase in performance. Of course, doing so comes with the caveat that the male horse can never be "she maled."   I need to add some back end code and test it before releasing it, however.

I also want to improve a horse’s consistency when he/she hits their "sweet spot" in terms of distance/surface/running style (when set manually).   To do so, I want to begin offering jockey feedback. I am not sure how much feedback I want to offer yet; it may be a "rating".. it may be a bit more information.. I just don’t know yet. To enable “jockey feedback” for a race, however, you will have to sacrifice some of the potential points your horse would have earned in the race.   All of this will require some coding, so I wouldn’t expect it nearly as quickly as the gelding feature.

I am also leaning toward other way to improve consistency – less travel, entering your horse into a race further in advance, etc.

There were a lot of other ideas floated to me over the last week – some that make sense, some that I’m less in agreement about (usually because of the unintended consequences they may cause)... but hey, I like to read whatever you send!    Long story short - I’m excited to add a few new things now that I have a less stressful "real job."    The one thing I truly believe is that there is still a lot of love for this game by a lot of people and, ultimately, we all just want what is best for now and the future. While I navigate the ship, that doesn’t mean I’m not willing to veer in a different direction if it ultimately leads to a better destination.    We’re all in this together.

Thank you guys as always for playing – here’s hoping for another 18 years!

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply