Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 161.50
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Sire Upgrades And Downgrades 2017
    Posted: 31 Dec 2016 at 4:59pm
[Note : Upgrades will go into effect for any horse bred after midnight tonight; downgrades take place on for any horses bred on or after January 8th, 2017]

Hey folks!

I apologize that I’m a little later than usual.

I’m going to start out with a few notable “big” upgrades in comparison to where the sire ranked last year or changes to the upper tier.

Uncle Mo – Starting to produce at a very impressive clip. 

Just a Way (JPN) – Somehow had him far lower than I should have.    This should put him closer to where he belongs.

Frankel  / Giant’s Causeway / Shamardal / Fastnet Rock – I had them all pretty high; I’m taking them higher.

American Pharoah – Could only rate him so high with no history.   The industry seems to love him and his mare book is off the charts.  If he busts it’ll be a shocker of Alysheba proportions.  Still can’t put him in the “uber elite” status yet, but he can’t be ignored.

Not a Single Doubt (AUS) – quality Aussie sprinter that got a big boost

Alderflug (GER) – Big bump for one of the top sires in Germany

Damsires / DDS – I rerated some older damsires upward.. in part because of something I mention at the end of the downgrades

Downgrades

I downgraded a few worth noting –

Special Week (JPN) – Had him too high.. getting him in line

Darci Brahma (NZ) – a great racehorse and given every opportunity to flourish, but his results can’t support the rating I had

Raven’s Pass – Pretty much a bum at this point; I honestly still have him rated higher than I probably should, just because I like to grade sires down slowly; this guy is testing my patience however

Lower/ Lower-Mid level sires – These guys were popping a little too often without a backend pedigree to support it.  So to help counterbalance that, I’m upgrading some DDS’s and bringing these guys down some.  In other words, you’ll need to bring more to the table on the back end to make these types of sires more than bottom fodder.

New sires –

Well guys, it’s not the most exciting group we’ve ever had.    But here are some of the highlights..

The Gurkha – Son of Galileo who was very impressive at times.  Being at Coolmore is a bonus.

California Chrome – Not a great pedigree, but one of the best older horses we’ve seen since Cigar.  Tiznow turned out to be useful with a so-so pedigree, so I’m giving this guy a fair shot.

Frosted - really hard not to appreciate this pedigree.  But while he won his share of good races he was never a pure top-tier runner. 

Duramente (JPN) – Record breaking Japanese runner with a great pedigree.   Has a chance to be a quality sire but only time will tell.

Good luck in 2017, and thanks for playing as always!

--Mike

Edited by administrator - 31 Dec 2016 at 7:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply