eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > New Players Help Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Gelding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dunnvilledowns View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 8.90
  Quote dunnvilledowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gelding
    Posted: 18 Feb 2018 at 9:11pm
For some reason I thought there was a rule (or unwritten rule) re gelding before age three? Am I correct in saying that?
Horse racing is animated roulette.
kyogle View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 289.30
  Quote kyogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 1:05am
No, you may geld a horse at any time

You may breed a 2yo and geld it immediately, thereby avoiding the compulsory farm time which is enforced once it has raced
dunnvilledowns View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 8.90
  Quote dunnvilledowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 11:03am
Good to know.

Is it done often? When would one look to do it right away?

Horse racing is animated roulette.
ewcholder View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.20
  Quote ewcholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 3:15pm
Up to your take on training really -- it really is totally up to you to test it out !!
kyogle View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 289.30
  Quote kyogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 7:49pm
Hi Kirk

As with most things sim, the answer to your question will vary with differing opinions. Some would say you should always race the horse first. Why reduce your later options (re breeding) before even trying out the horse

I geld a lot of horses when I breed them. Primarily because I wouldn't spend the extra 200 credits on the next generation, even if they won a G1. The bloodline isn't worth the expense. That's just my opinion and my strategy.

What I would advise is don't geld early if you've worked hard to afford the targeted bloodlines

Hope this helps

John

irisharse View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 36.80
  Quote irisharse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:45pm
IRL.. I never sent a horse to the farm to geld... always right after a race.. two days to make sure they have recovered from the race and then the ultimate equipment change.. then walked for a day, shedrow the next with tack and rider... back to the track day 3 for a jog.. ive run and won many times within 3 weeks.. you spend 100-150 days of training to get a fit racehorse, no owner is throwing that fitness away just to neuter the horse...farm rest isnt needed or wanted... most of the time a horse will sulk because of it if not kept in training. their maybe be exceptions, like if their are complications but that is 1 in a 100.. maybe 1 in a 1000.. so why farm time in the sim?
tshort316 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.00
  Quote tshort316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:52pm
How do you geld a horse on this game
racerdave View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

MBP : 2.20
  Quote racerdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 2:19pm
How do I neuter a horse ??
Thanks
nextbonus View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 112.10
  Quote nextbonus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by racerdave

How do I neuter a horse ??
Thanks

Send horse to farm. Click on the barn symbol. Scroll down to bottom. Enter code (GELD followed by 4 numbers). Click enter. Voila!
Top Ten Stakes Winning Trainer 2004, 2005, 2007, 2018
fabman View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 24.40
  Quote fabman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 8:43am
And here comes the counter to what Irish said. I always farm to geld. The reasoning is two fold. One, the horse shows a bit of promise but I want to see if I can get better. Second, underperforming young horses (2 and 3 year olds) I want to keep the amount of races down because most won't really start banging on the racetrack until they are 4 years old. I don't want them over raced so I can take advantage of what should be their best year of racing.
Fabman Farms is home to 2008 Horse of the Year Basketball Jones
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>