eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Real Horse Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Kentucky Derby Preps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hrg101 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 0.70
  Quote hrg101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kentucky Derby Preps
    Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:57am
I made a replay page so you don't have to click back and forth. I did omit some preps as they had no horses racing in them that will be in the derby.

https://thehorseraceguy101.wordpress.com/2019/04/18/derbypreps/
hrg101 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Quote hrg101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:57am
just copy and paste that link and it should work. I don't know if someone can fix it on here to be clickable that would be great! Thanks hope you enjoy and find it useful.
trotter1 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 25.50
  Quote trotter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:54am
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors
hrg101 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Quote hrg101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:43am
thanks trotter
teatime View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 1.50
  Quote teatime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 9:57am
*crickets*

Wacko
leesnyder View Drop Down
Graded Placed
Graded Placed

MBP : 24.50
  Quote leesnyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 1:02am
Such a shame today. The best horse won. But he did come out quite a bit. Saez blamed the horse reacting to the crowd but I'm not buying it. He looked to carry his challengers wide and came off the rail quite a bit. Then when he saw another horse looking to get by him on the rail he tried to dive back down to the that horse too.

I think he panicked when he got challenged all of a sudden and overreacted. Too bad because he was on the best horse all along.

Sucks, but it was the right call.

Edited by leesnyder - 05 May 2019 at 1:04am
thunderthor View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

MBP : 3.60
  Quote thunderthor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 9:22am
Personally, I believe the jockey. This colt is still very fresh, and he definitely reacted to the crowd, on a muddy wet track.
Was 1 of my main picks. The end result, I cash for 19-1 on a pick of the rest of the field, before Country House made it in. Nice to see my actual futures pick, Code Of Honor do well. Will be waiting another year to cash in big on a superfecta. That's 10 years now without a winning superfecta ticket. Last was in 2009.
"Live Fast, Die Young, & leave a good looking corpse!"
kiddman View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 37.80
  Quote kiddman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 1:38pm
I believe Saez also. And I think the DQ call was correct even though I had picked Maximum Security to win.

Whether it was crowd noise or traction loss or whatever, Maximum Security definitely veered out two or three path and came within inches of causing a multi-horse pileup. I sure didn't see Saez do anything that caused the horse to veer out, and he corrected the horse's path as quickly as he could. Over-corrected a bit, causing some contact with the runner coming up on the inside.

I'd hate to think what could have happened... Two or three horses crashing to the ground in front of millions of TV viewers, possibly getting vanned off... And then PETA seeing it as an opportunity to shut down the sport.

Good thing everyone's all in one piece today.
drhet58 View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 271.00
  Quote drhet58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 1:46pm
Although it was unintentional, it was nonetheless a near disaster with possible loss of life, either horse or human. How Tyler G. and War Of Will avoided clipping heels is a wonder. I read a report that said this was a black-eye for the sport. Let me say this; a 10 horse pileup with a great likelihood of carnage and the demise of horse racing altogether is the alternative.
I'll take the so-called black-eye. Punch away, the DQ was necessarily valid.

Edited by drhet58 - 05 May 2019 at 1:50pm
tyedye View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner
Pye Guy

MBP : 169.60
  Quote tyedye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by drhet58

Although it was unintentional, it was nonetheless a near disaster with possible loss of life, either horse or human. How Tyler G. and War Of Will avoided clipping heels is a wonder. I read a report that said this was a black-eye for the sport. Let me say this; a 10 horse pileup with a great likelihood of carnage and the demise of horse racing altogether is the alternative.
I'll take the so-called black-eye. Punch away, the DQ was necessarily valid.

It was definitely an infraction and an ode to the quick thinking of the jocks to avoid a horrible disaster. I think lesser riders would have severely/obviously taken up or worse, fallen. If that happens it's not even a question about the DQ.
-----------------------------

Join the EWC! We give you FREE credits just for posting on our message board! http://eastwest.freehostia.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>