Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 163.30
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting a new server within the week
    Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 5:58pm

Hey guys!

I realize there are problems at the moment.  I am having a  hard time troubleshooting the solution, but one thing is for certain :

I generally move to a new server every 2-3 years, and I’m a bit overdue (3 ½ years).  Therefore, I am moving forward and getting a new server for the games.  I will be pricing them over the next day and make a decision this weekend.  I am hopeful to get everything moved over within the next week.

Server moves are painful, but definitely less painful than bad server performance.  I am confident a new server will perform better than the current one, and am pretty confident it will fix our problems.

Footballers : we are on hold until I get a new server in place (or this server miraculously “fizes” itself, which is unlikely).  I will keep you up to date.

Horseracers : The timing of this couldn’t be more perfect.  If my audit this weekend goes as planned, the new viewer will be complete.  Part of moving to the new server would be to get the new viewer in it’s home anyway, so this will actually expedite that process a bit.

Sorry again, but rest assured I am doing what I can given my current schedule limitations  to solve the problem ASAP.

--Mike

Post Reply Post Reply